Obtaining Maltese Residence
The Malta Residence
and Visa Programme
Residence by Investment
In 2016, Identity Malta launched The Malta Residence and Visa Programme (MRVP), which is a novel residency programme aimed a Third Country Nationals who are not nationals of the EU, EEA or Switzerland. This programme entitles the beneficiary and his/her registered dependents to reside, settle or stay indefinitely in Malta, as well as travel within the Schengen area without the need to apply for a visa.
We process applications for this programme as an Approved Agent to the Malta Residency and Visa Agency, which agency is the competent authority to consider and approve MRVP applications.
In order for the main applicant to satisfy the requirements set by the MRVP, such applicant must:
• be at least 18 years of age;
• meet the application requirements;
• be a third-country national and thus not a Maltese, EU, EEA or Swiss national;
• be in receipt of stable and regular resources, which are sufficient to maintain himself/herself and his/her dependants without recourse to the social assistance system of Malta;
• have a clean criminal record;
• be in good health;
• be in possession of a valid travel document;
• be in possession of an annual income of at least €100,000 arising outside of Malta or has in his possession capital of not less than €500,000;
• commit himself/herself to invest in a qualifying investment;
• commit himself/herself to provide proof of title to a qualifying property in Malta;
• be in possession of a health insurance;
• commit himself/herself to pay the full contribution of €30,000 (of which, €5,500 is a non-refundable administrative fee and must be paid upon submitting the relevant application to the Authority);
• commit himself/herself to pay a further contribution of €5,000 for every parents or grandparent of the main applicant or spouse at the application stage;
• declare that he/she will be supporting all his/her dependants;
Moreover, the individual’s application must not be deemed to be against public interest.
Applications for the Malta Residence and Visa Programme are to be made to and processed wholly by the Malta Residence and Visa Agency. In order to apply for this programme, applicants must be represented by an Accredited Person recognised by the authorities in Malta. We are officially licensed by the Agency (License ref: AKM-MIFS-21) and can assist qualifying applicants in obtaining residence under the programme.
Contact us today to find out more how Mifsud Bonnici's citizenship and residence team can help you obtain residence in Malta with visa-free travel in the Schengen area.
Decades of Accumulated Practice
Get in touch with an advisor from Mifsud Bonnici's citizenship and residency team for an online meeting, and a preliminary assessment of your prospective application.